In this simulation, participants explore the principles of operations and service management in a typical night at a busy Benihana restaurant.
Participants learn that effective Operations Management practices can have a powerful impact on a firm’s profitability. They learn how terms such as throughput capacity, demand variability, capacity utilization, and service time apply to a service operation.
Participants unlock in a systematical quantitative manner the elements of Benihana's profitability, digesting key operational insights on how each aspect of the operation contributes to superior financial performance. The concepts introduced in Benihana could be simply extended to any other service operation.
The simulation is organized as a series of challenges, each with a different set of options for examining one of the key concepts in managing operations and demand. The goal is to manage the restaurant’s bar and dining area to maximize utilization, throughput, and - most importantly - profit for the evening. In the final challenge, participants should integrate all the individual concepts covered so as to design an overall operational strategy that maximizes profitability.
In this simulation, participants will:
• Digest how each aspect of the operation contributes to superior financial performance.
• Understand how terms like throughput capacity, demand variability, capacity utilization, and service time apply to a service operation
• Practice how to analyze capacity, demand rates, cycle time, and throughput in an operation.
• Practice how to optimize across multiple variables in an operation and ensure consistency in the overall operations strategy.
• Recognize the importance of increasing capacity at bottlenecks.
• Experiment with improving throughput using different operational strategies
• Test different strategies for influencing demand variability
For more details click the below link to upload the Brochure :